Janek Brings Strategic Planning, Financial Management and Oversight and International Operations Experience to the VaaS Executive Team
FORT WORTH, TX 03/15/2017 – VaaS International Holdings, Inc. (“VaaS”), a holding company with two wholly-owned subsidiaries, Digital Recognition Network, Inc. and Vigilant Solutions, L.L.C., has added David E. Janek as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Janek will report to VaaS’ Founders and Co-Presidents, Todd Hodnett and Shawn Smith.
Janek brings a wealth of executive financial management and strategic planning experience from his tenure at international, public and private enterprises. He has held positions as CFO, VP & Corporate Controller, VP & Treasurer and other financial leadership roles at companies such as Federal Signal Corporation and The Heico Companies, LLC. Most recently he was President of Broadwind Energy, Inc.’s gearing business, and previously a Group President of Federal Signal Corporation where he ran companies that sold into the public safety markets.
“VaaS and its subsidiaries have become the providers of choice in delivering license plate recognition (LPR) system, data analytics and facial recognition data solutions serving our commercial and public safety clients. Our ability to attract talent like David speaks to the value of VaaS and the leadership position of VaaS companies in the markets they serve. David adds depth to the VaaS team, drawing on his leadership and financial oversight roles with industrial global manufacturers to operational and strategic planning roles through mergers and acquisitions,” said Todd Hodnett.
Janek added, “The VaaS companies hold market-leading positions and offer high-quality products and services to its growing customer base. I am thrilled to be joining this tremendous organization created by Todd and Shawn, and I look forward to contributing with the whole team to further drive growth and profitability.”
Janek is a Certified Public Accountant and earned a Master of Management in Marketing, Finance and Economics from Northwestern University, J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management. He obtained a Bachelor of Science in Accountancy from the University of Illinois.
VaaS International Holdings, Inc. (Video Analysis as Service) is the preeminent provider of license plate recognition (LPR) and facial recognition products and data solutions. Structured as a holding company with two wholly-owned subsidiaries, each with a distinct focus on VaaS’ two primary end markets: Commercial Clients and Public Safety clients. DRN provides vehicle location data to manage risk, prevent fraud and improve portfolio results for Financial Services, Automotive Lenders and Insurance Firms. Vigilant Solutions uses a combination of vehicle location data and facial recognition technology to protect officers, families and communities by providing data and software solutions to Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement. www.vaasinternational.net
- Philadelphia Federal Credit Union (PFCU) Improves Auto Loan Collections and Recovery with DRNsights, Reduces Repos and Charge-Offs - May 10, 2017
- Personal Lines Auto Insurance Carriers Shocked by Commercial Use Losses, Turn to DRN’s Picture Proof to Find Commercial Use at Underwriting and Renewals - April 13, 2017
- Westlake Financial Services Leverages DRNsights Powered by DRN’s Vehicle Location Data and Analytics - March 15, 2017
- VaaS International Holdings, Inc., Adds David E. Janek as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer - March 15, 2017
- DRN’s Vehicle Location Sightings Help Insurance Carriers Spot Commercial Use and Final Build Fraud - July 11, 2016
- Higher Recovery Rates Fueled by DRN Historical Data Now Available via Clearplan - June 30, 2016
- 4 Truths About License Plate Recognition - May 18, 2016
- Electric Insurance Company® Takes Data-Driven Approach to Finding Stolen Vehicles - April 19, 2016
- Digital Recognition Network (DRN) Adds Auto Finance Channel Manager - April 15, 2016
- Federal Judge Rules in Favor of DRN and Three Former DRN Affiliates Settle Quickly - April 12, 2016