NICB Fights Insurance Crime with DRN’s Vehicle Location Data Solutions
DRN Event Links Provides NICB with New Data that Helps to Uncover Insurance Crime
FORT WORTH, TX 6/28/2015 – Digital Recognition Network (DRN) (www.drndata.com) announced today that the company is providing its Event Links product to the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) (www.NICB.org) –free of charge. Event Links, often used by insurance company Special Investigative Units, uses DRN’s vehicle location data to provide evidence of individual and collusive fraud. The tool successfully helped to identify instances of fraud and criminal action during the trial run for NICB, which led to the ongoing agreement of free usage.
“DRN’s vehicle location data is proving to be an invaluable tool for our agents. Using Event Links and the new unique data provided has given us insights into suspected fraud cases – insights that led to the confirmation of fraud and the apprehension of criminals. It’s hard to imagine doing our job without DRN’s solutions and data now that we have seen what it can do,” said James Schweitzer, COO at NICB.
In one case, NICB agents were asked to help investigate a string of home burglaries involving stolen jewelry. A police officer identified a suspicious vehicle in the neighborhood and recorded the license plate. The NICB agent entered the plate information into Event Links and was able to provide recent locations where the vehicle had been spotted, which eventually led to the apprehension of three individuals that were implicated in four home burglaries.
“Without Event Links it would have been difficult, if not impossible for the NICB and its law enforcement partners to solve this case. The license plate in this case was registered to another address, so the vehicle location data was key to tracking down the suspects. We are excited to see the results from the NICB’s use of Event Links and are happy to give them access to our tools and data,” noted Chris Metaxas, CEO at DRN.
DRN’s vehicle location data is comprised of license plate information gathered throughout the United States. DRN’s license plate recognition (LPR) data includes over 100,000,000 scans per month, providing the most comprehensive vehicle location information in the market.
DRN is a leading provider of data and analytics to the Financial Services, Insurance and Asset Recovery industries. Our solutions enable our clients to more effectively optimize their portfolios, reduce losses, detect fraud, and manage risk. An industry pioneer in vehicle location data and license plate recognition technology and services, DRN covers every major metropolitan area in the United States and maintains the largest vehicle location database under strict standards of privacy, compliance, and data integrity. To find out more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, visit us online at www.drndata.com, or call us at (817) 877-0077.
About the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB)
Headquartered in Des Plaines, Ill., the NICB is the nation’s leading not-for-profit organization exclusively dedicated to preventing, detecting and defeating insurance fraud and vehicle theft through data analytics, investigations, training, legislative advocacy and public awareness. The NICB is supported by more than 1,100 property and casualty insurance companies and self-insured organizations. NICB member companies wrote $371 billion in insurance premiums in 2013, or more than 78 percent of the nation’s property/casualty insurance. That includes more than 93 percent ($168 billion) of the nation’s personal auto insurance. To learn more, visit www.nicb.org.
- Partner Profile: Victory Recovery Services - February 20, 2019
- Motorola Solutions Acquires VaaS International Holdings, Leader in Data and Image Analytics for Vehicle Location - January 7, 2019
- Location Services, LLC Pays DRN $325,000 After Federal Court Rules in DRN’s Favor - November 15, 2018
- Thank You, Veterans - November 12, 2018
- Federal Judge Rules in Favor of Digital Recognition Network (DRN) in Antitrust Case - November 9, 2018
- Consolidated Asset Recovery Systems and DRN Join Forces to Provide License Plate Recognition-enabled Recovery Services to the Auto Lending Market - November 7, 2018
- Digital Recognition Network Marks Key Milestone: More Than 20,000 Live LPR Recoveries in One Month Facilitated by Its Technology and Data - October 26, 2018
- Federal Judge Rules in Favor of Digital Recognition Network (DRN) - October 12, 2018
- Digital Recognition Network’s New FinTech Client Services Unit Helps Clients Be More Strategic and Demonstrates an Average of 193 Percent Return on Investment for Clients Using DRNsights - September 24, 2018
- DRN Introduces Solution to Help Alert Car Owners of Safety Recalls - May 9, 2018