Janek Brings Strategic Planning, Financial Management and Oversight and International Operations Experience to the VaaS Executive Team
FORT WORTH, TX 03/15/2017 – VaaS International Holdings, Inc. (“VaaS”), a holding company with two wholly-owned subsidiaries, Digital Recognition Network, Inc. and Vigilant Solutions, L.L.C., has added David E. Janek as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Janek will report to VaaS’ Founders and Co-Presidents, Todd Hodnett and Shawn Smith.
Janek brings a wealth of executive financial management and strategic planning experience from his tenure at international, public and private enterprises. He has held positions as CFO, VP & Corporate Controller, VP & Treasurer and other financial leadership roles at companies such as Federal Signal Corporation and The Heico Companies, LLC. Most recently he was President of Broadwind Energy, Inc.’s gearing business, and previously a Group President of Federal Signal Corporation where he ran companies that sold into the public safety markets.
“VaaS and its subsidiaries have become the providers of choice in delivering license plate recognition (LPR) system, data analytics and facial recognition data solutions serving our commercial and public safety clients. Our ability to attract talent like David speaks to the value of VaaS and the leadership position of VaaS companies in the markets they serve. David adds depth to the VaaS team, drawing on his leadership and financial oversight roles with industrial global manufacturers to operational and strategic planning roles through mergers and acquisitions,” said Todd Hodnett.
Janek added, “The VaaS companies hold market-leading positions and offer high-quality products and services to its growing customer base. I am thrilled to be joining this tremendous organization created by Todd and Shawn, and I look forward to contributing with the whole team to further drive growth and profitability.”
Janek is a Certified Public Accountant and earned a Master of Management in Marketing, Finance and Economics from Northwestern University, J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management. He obtained a Bachelor of Science in Accountancy from the University of Illinois.
VaaS International Holdings, Inc. (Video Analysis as Service) is the preeminent provider of license plate recognition (LPR) and facial recognition products and data solutions. Structured as a holding company with two wholly-owned subsidiaries, each with a distinct focus on VaaS’ two primary end markets: Commercial Clients and Public Safety clients. DRN provides vehicle location data to manage risk, prevent fraud and improve portfolio results for Financial Services, Automotive Lenders and Insurance Firms. Vigilant Solutions uses a combination of vehicle location data and facial recognition technology to protect officers, families and communities by providing data and software solutions to Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement. www.vaasinternational.net
- Partner Profile: Victory Recovery Services - February 20, 2019
- Motorola Solutions Acquires VaaS International Holdings, Leader in Data and Image Analytics for Vehicle Location - January 7, 2019
- Location Services, LLC Pays DRN $325,000 After Federal Court Rules in DRN’s Favor - November 15, 2018
- Thank You, Veterans - November 12, 2018
- Federal Judge Rules in Favor of Digital Recognition Network (DRN) in Antitrust Case - November 9, 2018
- Consolidated Asset Recovery Systems and DRN Join Forces to Provide License Plate Recognition-enabled Recovery Services to the Auto Lending Market - November 7, 2018
- Digital Recognition Network Marks Key Milestone: More Than 20,000 Live LPR Recoveries in One Month Facilitated by Its Technology and Data - October 26, 2018
- Federal Judge Rules in Favor of Digital Recognition Network (DRN) - October 12, 2018
- Digital Recognition Network’s New FinTech Client Services Unit Helps Clients Be More Strategic and Demonstrates an Average of 193 Percent Return on Investment for Clients Using DRNsights - September 24, 2018
- DRN Introduces Solution to Help Alert Car Owners of Safety Recalls - May 9, 2018