Fort Worth, Texas, and Livermore, Calif., April 2, 2018 – VaaS International Holdings (VaaS), a global leader in image recognition, data, and analytical technology, announced today the hiring of Dr. Nagendra Palle as Chief Operating Officer (COO).
In this role, Dr. Palle will be responsible for overseeing daily operations at VaaS, reporting directly to the company’s co-founders, Todd Hodnett and Shawn Smith. He will implement key strategies and goals while establishing and promoting the policies that support VaaS as the preeminent provider of image analytics services.
A variety of municipalities and countries rely on VaaS to improve quality of life through solutions and hardware that positively impact communities by improving tolling; congestion and emissions initiatives; and law enforcement investigative tactics. The company also uses image recognition, data, and analytics to help global insurance and financial markets better manage risk, detect and prevent fraud, and improve overall portfolio performance.
Prior to joining VaaS, Dr. Palle served as CEO and Managing Director of Mahindra First Choice Wheels (MFCWL), based in Mumbai, India. MFCWL is India’s largest multi-brand used car products and services company, and since Dr. Palle joined the company in 2013, the company has grown 50 percent year over year. Dr. Palle also spent a decade in the management consulting industry, working globally as an Executive Partner at Accenture and a Principal at A.T. Kearney. He started his professional career at Ford Motor Co.’s Scientific Research Laboratory in Dearborn, Michigan, in 1992.
“At VaaS, we continue to strengthen our reputation and position as a top data and technology firm that is relied on for image analysis around the world,” said VaaS Co-President Todd Hodnett. “Dr. Palle offers the knowledge and experience our organization needs as the demand for our services continues to grow domestically and internationally. We look forward to leveraging his leadership and insight.”
Dr. Palle is a 1998 alumnus of the Ross Business School at the University of Michigan. Additionally, he holds a doctorate in mechanical engineering from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, a master’s degree in applied mechanics from the Colorado School of Mines, and a bachelor’s degree in technology from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
- Partner Profile: Victory Recovery Services - February 20, 2019
- Motorola Solutions Acquires VaaS International Holdings, Leader in Data and Image Analytics for Vehicle Location - January 7, 2019
- Location Services, LLC Pays DRN $325,000 After Federal Court Rules in DRN’s Favor - November 15, 2018
- Thank You, Veterans - November 12, 2018
- Federal Judge Rules in Favor of Digital Recognition Network (DRN) in Antitrust Case - November 9, 2018
- Consolidated Asset Recovery Systems and DRN Join Forces to Provide License Plate Recognition-enabled Recovery Services to the Auto Lending Market - November 7, 2018
- Digital Recognition Network Marks Key Milestone: More Than 20,000 Live LPR Recoveries in One Month Facilitated by Its Technology and Data - October 26, 2018
- Federal Judge Rules in Favor of Digital Recognition Network (DRN) - October 12, 2018
- Digital Recognition Network’s New FinTech Client Services Unit Helps Clients Be More Strategic and Demonstrates an Average of 193 Percent Return on Investment for Clients Using DRNsights - September 24, 2018
- DRN Introduces Solution to Help Alert Car Owners of Safety Recalls - May 9, 2018